Downham C of E Primary School is proud to work with the following partners:
Billericay Community Trust
A group of schools in the Billericay area who work together in a number of areas for the benefit of all the schools involved. The organisation involves primary, infant, junior and secondary schools. It allows teachers and pupils to work together on specific aspects of education and share knowledge and learn collaboratively.
The Billericay Community Trust (BCT) is a registered charity comprising of fifteen schools in Billericay, Anglia Ruskin University and Billericay Educational Consortium.
Promotion of community cohesion
The BCT works with a range of local partners to ensure that schools and education remain at the heart of the community.
“Together Towards Excellence”
Our vision is to ensure improved outcomes for children by collaborating with each other to:
- Provide a forum for collaboration to sustain and develop school improvement and enrichment.
- To ensure outcomes in all schools are at least good or outstanding.
- Narrow achievement gaps, especially for vulnerable groups which include those children supported via pupil premium, special educational needs and disabilities.
- Respect each school’s individual ethos, culture, values and identity
- Ensure the strengths of each school are identified, celebrated and shared across the partnership.
- Engage with the latest research based approaches to continually improve teaching and learning
- Work with partners to identify and develop potential leaders.
- Share and develop expertise in curriculum areas.
- Develop outstanding teachers through the highest quality Initial Teacher Training programmes and professional development opportunities.
- Build cohesion, confidence and skills through networking with colleagues
Billericay Teaching School Alliance
Downham C of E Primary School is pleased to be working in collaboration with Billericay Teaching School Alliance.
Billericay Teaching School Alliance works with teachers, schools and a wide range of organisations seeking innovative ways to impact on every day learning experiences of children in the classroom. We partner with Billericay Educational Consortium SCITT (Initial Teacher Training) to recruit and train both Primary and Secondary teachers as part of our Initial Teacher Training programme.
We provide a wealth of developmental opportunities for non-teaching staff, support staff, administrators, managers, teachers, leaders and governors, developing practice and striving for the highest of standards. We constantly reflect on classroom practice and School Improvement through Research and Development, creating opportunities for individuals and groups to link theory and practice in order to be more effective.
Working collaboratively we aim to drive significant improvement in the quality of professional practice, improving the life chances of every child.
For further information please visit www.billericayteachingschoolalliance.com
St. Margaret's Church
Downham Primary School is a voluntarily controlled Church of England school which enjoys close links with the local church, St Margaret's.
Our Christingle service takes place at St Margaret's every year.